• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Columbian, have a few questions.

dayos96

Heres Rico
icon_smile.gif
http://imgur.com/zoNexXB

Hi everyone, i just got my brand new Columbian Tegu 3 days ago, i have a few questions to ask about diet and handling and such. So they had him in a decent sized tank at the store, but were only feeding him crickets so i picked up 100, and tried to feed him last night and he refused to touch them. So i broke out the old Yolk trick and still wouldnt, so i mixed lean ground beef with crickets and mealworms and egg yolk, low and behold he ate a massive chunk.

Currently i have him on a regular diet of Lean ground turkey dusted with Calcium powder w/ D3. I am wondering if this is okay. He is handled regularly and is quite friendly, he flinches if i touch his tail so is this normal?. I bathe him once every 2 days. Am i doing everything right? or must I change some things?

also temps in his tank are 80-90F on the hot side depending if its day or night, 70-80 on the cold side, around 50-70% humidity and a basking spot of about 115F he has a 13W 10.0 UVB bulb. I leave the lights on 24/7 because its hard to keep temperatures up if i turn them off.

He was hatched about 1 or 2 months ago.

Thanks, Jake

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.