• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New food!

Kron

So for the first time im giving mr. Kron a update on his diet .for his new diet im giving him mango papaya kiwi grapes blueberries and shredded turnip greens along with his normal foods. His old diet was really only fish fillets and whole prey like mice with some fruit thrown in here and there. But i feel thats not the best diet because he wouldnt take greens. So im hoping that with the fruits mixed in he takes the greens.Just kinda worried that it might have stunted his growth. Hes 2 1/2 feet long at 1 1/2 years old. Dont get me wrong hes happy and healthy but on the small size so with the new diet hopefully he gets a size bump

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So for the first time im giving mr. Kron a update on his diet .for his new diet im giving him mango papaya kiwi grapes blueberries and shredded turnip greens along with his normal foods. His old diet was really only fish fillets and whole prey like mice with some fruit thrown in here and there. But i feel thats not the best diet because he wouldnt take greens. So im hoping that with the fruits mixed in he takes the greens.Just kinda worried that it might have stunted his growth. Hes 2 1/2 feet long at 1 1/2 years old. Dont get me wrong hes happy and healthy but on the small size so with the new diet hopefully he gets a size bump
If he was fed enough food, his old diet was fine and his growth not stunted. New diet looks good. Do not omit whole prey.

Kron

Oh he will still get whole food but i wanted to make sure he was getting more fruit and greens thanks for the imput. And im glad yo hear that his growth is not stunted

Rhysandfish

If hes small i would feed him more protein as thats what the babies and small tegus eat in the wild. Over time they eat more fruit but meats and proteins promote growth.

Kron

How often should i feed him i feed him then so he starts growng iv been feeding everyday just to bump his size up but i dont want to over do it abd hurt him

Rhysandfish

How often should i feed him i feed him then so he starts growng iv been feeding everyday just to bump his size up but i dont want to over do it abd hurt him
I would feed one large meal or multiple small meals throughout the day to keep a steady growth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me