• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New friend , new home and new challenge.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
After having AA for 5 years I decided I wanted to expand on my reptiles... but rather than going the traditional way of choosing animals, I've chosen my area (Colombia/ northern south America) and I'm building a bigger cohabitation enclosure.....
and right about now I bet you're thinking NO NO NO not with a Tegu/Predator but I truly believe that my AA if introduced correctly will not attack anything (he's proved this theory with a few things already) and also I will be able to separate if needed or too much attention is showing.
I will be using my experience I've learnt with other animals and their safety is always priority.

AA+TT Friends.jpg
AA+TT8.jpg
AA+TT6.jpg
AA+TT5.jpg
AA+TT3.jpg
AA+TT1.jpg
AA+TT.jpg

Still along long way to go and a few more pennies to spend before I even think of any more animals.

Stellalife1

After having AA for 5 years I decided I wanted to expand on my reptiles... but rather than going the traditional way of choosing animals, I've chosen my area (Colombia/ northern south America) and I'm building a bigger cohabitation enclosure.....
and right about now I bet you're thinking NO NO NO not with a Tegu/Predator but I truly believe that my AA if introduced correctly will not attack anything (he's proved this theory with a few things already) and also I will be able to separate if needed or too much attention is showing.
I will be using my experience I've learnt with other animals and their safety is always priority.

View attachment 16115View attachment 16116View attachment 16117View attachment 16118View attachment 16119View attachment 16120View attachment 16121
Still along long way to go and a few more pennies to spend before I even think of any more animals.
What is an AA? Is this the name of your tegu??

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi .... Yes AA is my Colombian Tegu.

And My Enclosure is complete now and can be viewed @ Thelongeandfriends both on Face book and Instagram

Also in the UK I found it seriously hard to just source Amazonian creatures and had to revert back to just Tropical species from similar environments

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Over a year now and still going strong with lizards, geckos, turtles, tortoise and inverts all in one multi species enclosure.

AND ALSO NOW ON TIKTOK

Yvonne G

Administrator
5 Year Member
In my opinion mixing species is never a good idea, especially if those species would never cross paths in the wild. Each species has microorganisms that it has evolved with that he lives with and has grown used to, while other species might be made sick by those same microorganisms.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks for your opinion although I don't agree with it and most of the species that I do own do cross paths in the wild and are from very broad habitat ranges that are equivalent spread across the world in correspondence with the equater which creates the same type of conditions and climates..... plus unless you are keeping all your reptiles in total sterile condition and they can never have any correspondence with you or the outside world you risk all the exact same risk of sickness via microorganisms.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam