• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new green tree python

frost

1,000+ Post Club
against my better judgement i picked this little guy up at a rep show.[attachment=3558][attachment=3559][attachment=3560]

Attachments

• DSC00071.JPG
    DSC00071.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00072.JPG
    DSC00072.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00073.JPG
    DSC00073.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 1

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sweet pickup, but I would highly recommend not handling for quite a while. GTPs stress very easily and will go off feed, there is also a fairly large risk of damaging their spine. Make sure you are able to maintain the proper temps and humidity as well as they do not take very well to keeper mistakes.

Any pics of the enclosure? Who did you get it from? Is it a Biak?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
thanks, yeah iv read that. iv handled it a few times but all of those time i let it come onto me o i dont use any force at all to get him/her on me.when i got it home i few it the following night. which was pretty cool to see.=] so far im maintaining 85 to 90. and humidity is around 75 to 80. im still working in the cage. right now its a storage bin with a 3 prong branch in it with cypress mulch. ill get some pics later tonight maybe. i got most of my info online and from cutegayjason. the guy who has like 30 of em. i basically followed his cage design and care along with other people. im taking all the info i can get from people im really nervous with this one since i heard they can be a little difficult.

o almost forgot, im pretty sure its a sarong. teh expo vendor didnt have a name. plus the guy was selling for his friend that wasent there at the time...kinda sketchy but im happy so far. and i wasent able to get much info from him either.=/

frost

1,000+ Post Club
kk, i was thinking of cutting out the top and putting in a heat lamp instead of a heat pad. haha still working on cage ideas. thanks kimmie.=]

wow i got mine at a steel. most places sell em for 300+ thats why i got it tho..=]

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Sweet gtp, yea i would like to see some more pics of him in the cage all perched up, really cool stuff! Is that a hedgehog in the bg? You have quite the collection i see.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
Strange_Evil said:
Sweet gtp, yea i would like to see some more pics of him in the cage all perched up, really cool stuff! Is that a hedgehog in the bg? You have quite the collection i see.

thanks, my fiance got a new cam so as soon as she gets a memory card im gonna take some pics. haha yeah she has two of em. haha well as of now i have a extreme giant, two ball pythons, the tree python,and a snowflake eel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029