• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new guy here!

mattison187

Hey guys. My names myles and I've been serfing this forum for the better part of a year. I ordered my first GU from varnyard today so I thought its a good time to join and be an active member. I've learned a ton of info from you guys allready and hope to learn some more!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
welcome aboard just make sure to get us pics of the tegu when he arrives lol and you will definately learn from people here everyone really loves their tegus and will readily help you out myself included!

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
MFK = Monster Fish Keepers...

I'm nc_nutcase on MFK :) I post in the set up & filtration folder there often...

PS - Oh, and welcome to Tegu Talk!

mattison187

I ordered a male b&w agentine. For an enclosure for now I have a 180 gal 6x2x2. Figure thatll be plenty large enough for the first year or so. For lighting I have a 4ft double strip light with repti sun 5.0 uvb's in it, and a 100w flood lamp for heat. I have 2 plastic litter pans for hides. One on either end. And for substrate i have a mixture of cypress mulch,eco-earth,hay and straw. I'm gunna feed him word for word what's in bobbys care sheet.(I allready have a bunch of turkey/liver meals aready frozen) I figure that as a staple with a side of whatever I'm feeding my fish that day (they get crickets,fresh fish,clams ect..) Any suggestions or critisizm?

Mr Critter

5 Year Member
Welcome & Congrats , Sounds like your starting off right & done your homework. Just keep an eye on the hay & straw ,tends to mold from misting & humidity. Good Luck.....

Adam87

5 Year Member
welcome aboard i was like u once before i had a tegu just surfin around then one day it happened i ordered my first Arg b/w from bobby and now im a tegu freak just like everyone else and u will be too haha

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Welcome friend!! Sounds like you are well prepared. The only thing I could suggest is considering a smaller enclosure for a bit. I have read on here that sometimes they get a bit skittish in a big space at first. I would also cover quite a bit of the glass with a cloth or something to give him more of a feeling of security. Most likely it will be fine ( the 6x2x2 ), and it will give you a good amount of time to design your tegu mansion :mrgreen: Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan