• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New here...

Integraleon

5 Year Member
Hello Everybody!

Someone gave me a tip to go look here for lots and lots of feedback and knowledge about teju's.
I have got 2 as you can see in my signature. I own them for about 7-8 months now, and they are 10 and 11 months old.
Recently i heard some news that i will never be able to get baby's, because mine are both wildcaught in Argentina and would have to have had their hybernation directly after i had bought them... :?:
That was new for me, for i thought that hybernation was necessary from their second year on.
I know from a belgian guy who has managed to get his animals to reproduce succesfully with this method, but his aren't wildcaught, but from Bert Langerwerf's farm.
How-ever, in Holland (where i live) we have never been able to reproduce succesfully yet, so here i am... Searching for answers i can't get in Holland... 8)

2 pictures of my animals:

Lindag2.jpg

IMG_3966kader.jpg

Grtz, LÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â? Ã¢â?¬â?¢Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?©on

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome pictures!!

And welcome to the TeguTalk community, glad you joined us!! :)

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome! I believe tegus need to hibernate to breed.. But they can hibernate all their lives, from babies to adults and still breed.. It doesnt matter (i dont think) when you start hibernating.

Integraleon

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Awesome pictures!!

Thanks!! :-D

Lexi said:
Welcome! I believe tegus need to hibernate to breed.. But they can hibernate all their lives, from babies to adults and still breed.. It doesnt matter (i dont think) when you start hibernating.

By God :shock: ! I hope you're right... ;)
If that might be true... But no one here has EVER managed to succesfully breed them... So i'm determined to find out what the problem is... One fellow-keeper here has 7 tegu's and they're mating, but never lay eggs.. :cry:

angelrose said:
hi and welcome to tegutalk 8)
they are wildcaught ? very beautiful :!:

Thanks! And yes they are... Bought them in 2007, and since 2004 we haven't had any FB in Holland at all...

Grtz, LÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â? Ã¢â?¬â?¢Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?©on.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Integraleon said:
VARNYARD said:
Awesome pictures!!

Thanks!! :-D

Lexi said:

By God :shock: ! I hope you're right... ;)
If that might be true... But no one here has EVER managed to succesfully breed them... So i'm determined to find out what the problem is... One fellow-keeper here has 7 tegu's and they're mating, but never lay eggs.. :cry:

angelrose said:
hi and welcome to tegutalk 8)
they are wildcaught ? very beautiful :!:

Thanks! And yes they are... Bought them in 2007, and since 2004 we haven't had any FB in Holland at all...

Grtz, LÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â? Ã¢â?¬â?¢Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?©on.

They MAY be re-absorbing their eggs...this can cause complications. Maybe, it's too cold. Maybe, you guys just have really bad luck.
Whatever it may be, I wish you the best of luck!

Integraleon

5 Year Member
DZLife said:
They MAY be re-absorbing their eggs...this can cause complications. Maybe, it's too cold. Maybe, you guys just have really bad luck.

Thanks! My tegu's are to young to reproduce anyway, but it could be a possibility that the tegu's of my fellow-keeper DO absorb their eggs...
He does give them hibernation every year, though...
It can certainly be a matter of bad luck also... I hope we will be able to find out where it comes from that they refuse to lay eggs... :(
Thanks a lot! I'm confident we will manage to make it happen eventually... :-D

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Integraleon said:
DZLife said:

Thanks! My tegu's are to young to reproduce anyway, but it could be a possibility that the tegu's of my fellow-keeper DO absorb their eggs...
He does give them hibernation every year, though...
It can certainly be a matter of bad luck also... I hope we will be able to find out where it comes from that they refuse to lay eggs... :(
Thanks a lot! I'm confident we will manage to make it happen eventually... :-D
What kinda of Enclosure does your friend have for his tegus? maybe there isnt a proper egg laying box/substrate. Whatever the cause.. i wish you guys luck! being the first to have captive hatched babies will be exciting!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
welcome! nice tegus. does the first one have a little bit of a yellow tint to it or is it the lighting?

Integraleon

5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
welcome! nice tegus. does the first one have a little bit of a yellow tint to it or is it the lighting?

Thanks! That yellow teint is just the lighting... I didn't use a flash with that perticular one... ;)

ZEKE

5 Year Member
ahh alright. thats what i thought but i figured i would ask :)

i really like the second with the dark brown head.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980