• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Owner: Young Tegu Questions

jorshaw

5 Year Member
I have a New Tegu That I got at a recent Reptile Expo. I have had him for almost 3 weeks now. He is about 10 inches long and is an Argentian Black and white. I have wanted a Tegu for years and finally got up the nerve to get one. Now that I do I have a few questions for the more experenced tege owner.

1. Mine has this thing when I have him out whatever eyes he is looking at me with he closes. But he keeps the other one open. What could this be?

2. He is starting to get a little more used to me but when i get him out he will act all calm for a second and then when he thinks i am not paying attention he goes nuts and starts running and doing every thing in his power to get away. Any help with this problem?

3. I am hoping to one day get him to be like all those tegus that you see online. Dog tame basically. How long does it normally take to tame a tegu of about his age?

I appreciate the responces and the info

Jordan :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029