• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new parents in SD

greenman1979

Hey all,

We are a husband and wife (hes in the Navy), I work with horses and take care of all our brood..

Just adjusting to reptile ownership, my first was our Beardie Tigger last October, and now we have a bunch...my hubby has raised and love reptiles and snakes since he was a little boy.

I am having some issues with getting our Tegu to eat..he is pretty little ..less than 10" long and tried to feed him turkey/egg mix and some roaches and worms but so far I have not seen him eat at all!! He seems to like to come out in the afternoon for a little cage roaming..

he has a nice big enclosure with logs and bark, and a big water dish.

Ive been able to feed all the other critters pretty well so far, no icky issues since Ive worked with all kinds of animals/feeding including working at a zoo. Have any of you had to force feed your babies to get them started???

thanks for any help!!

theresa n troy

Herplings

5 Year Member
Have you tried Mice pinks, or Rat pups if he is large enough?

My Tegu is a pretty picky eater. But, she will eat Mice/Rats like crazy. She will also eat Salmon the next best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan