• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New pics (and a vid) of yearling Chacoan *pic heavy!*

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, here are a bunch of pics that I have taken over the last few days (but mainly just now.) I am also uploading a vid. I have yet to upload the vid, but when I do, I will post it.

FYI, this is the female that I am holding on to for Mike until he can get his stuff straight. I may end up having to put her up for sale on here if he doesn't get her soon, as I am down a lot of money right now. We'll just have to wait and see.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
0424081727a.jpg

Just chillin' on my hand.

0425081659.jpg

Eating egg.

0509081815.jpg

0508081707.jpg

Mashed up strawberry laced with a little egg yoke (this was her first time eating strawberry, and I used it to entice her. She LOVES egg yoke, as do most tegus.)

0508081707a.jpg

MMMM! See, that wasn't so bad!

0509081804.jpg

0509081804a.jpg

I see you.

0509081804b.jpg

Well, hello thar!

0509081807.jpg

0509081808.jpg

0509081808a.jpg

Come here and give me a lil sugar, sweet thang! :p

0509081809.jpg

0509081809a.jpg

Woah, watch where you're pokin' your nose around!

0509081810.jpg

Finger pedestal.

0509081811.jpg

Cuddles...under my fatty-mcFat-Fat chin :p Look at those big teeth :/

0509081813.jpg

0509081813a.jpg

Wow, look at that orange throat and peach belly!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Waiting on youtube...I uploaded a vid just now...still hasn't been "processed."

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here it is!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dULuIZvD03Q">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dULuIZvD03Q</a><!-- m -->

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
redtail2426 said:
That tegu is tiny are they usually that small at one year of age??

No, they are not. She was sold to me in a bad state along with a male, and I decided to get a refund for the male and keep her and bring her back to full health (and soon pass her on to Mike), as he really wants a female Chacoan.

Also, I would keep her, but I really want a male Chacoan. I intend to breed them in a few years with mike as my "partner in business." :p

If I am to pick only one tegu to have as of now, my number 1 pick would be a male chacoan from Bobby, and that dream will be fulfilled in about two months, as I have a down payment on the first clutch. It has already been layed!

I won't lie; it is really tempting to keep her AND the male, but if I try to be honest to myself, I realize that at least as of right now, it would be overwhelming bringing up two chacoans, with my education and all.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You are doing a great job with her, keep up the great work!! It is sad that she had such a bad life before, and she looks 110% better now. Great job Brooks!! :)

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
You are doing a great job with her, keep up the great work!! It is sad that she had such a bad life before, and she looks 110% better now. Great job Brooks!! :)

Thanks, man. It really means a lot...especially coming from you.

I have had to go though way too much crap lately related to bad reptile deals. I have been putting a lot off work into this girl. I'm still down my 250 from the first deal. I had to pay wayy too much money for all the expensive equipment to nurse this girl back. 10.0 Uv light. My mother picked up a light fixture for the light...it was way overpriced, but it got a little part of it melted, so I couldn't go back and exchange it for a cheaper one. I think it was the better part of 100 dollars usd. Food has been expensive (expecially considering I was feeding malnourished tegus...one of which I returned to the owner.) Mike is providing me with superworms, but I end up paying for the pinkies, fruit, and eggs, and electricity. I don't know when he will take her in. For any who are wondering, it isn't his fault that he hasn't taken her in yet....there are other reasons that are fully preventing him from taking her in. I guess you could call them "unforeseen circumstances."

I think I have a job in line at a local hardware store. I still have to get an interview, but the manage has basically already agreed to give me a part time job. As I am a minor, I decided to get the job through a program called "Workability" that my district provides. If they ever end up wanting to lay me off, the organization will even pay me themselves to work at a specific job site. It's a pretty good deal!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey, aside from soaking and enclosure humidity, what is the next best way to aid in a irregular/bad shed? I heard about the oil method...I may end up trying that. I do have a (I believe it's a zoomed) reptile shedding aid....could I use that?

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
So you sent the male Chocoan back?

Yes...I don't have the time to nurse 2 sick tegus back to health. I hate to give up an animal that is sick, but I just don't have the necessary resources. Also, she, as i have said before, is going to Mike as soon as he is ready. As my first tegu that I will own as my own, I would really like to start out with a healthy specimen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me