• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Pics of Ash

jor71

5 Year Member
Here are some new pics of Ash, enjoy...

346t.jpg

348t.jpg

349t.jpg

350t.jpg

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Ahh! He's huge! And he looks great! How old is he? and Big. Mines getting huge but shes not that big yet, I should have gotten a male :(

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
How is mine soo small? That thing is 6 months younger than my female and good god its nearly a foot longer than mine. Interesting... I thought mine was growing really fast too.

jor71

5 Year Member
He is only 10 months old. If you look at my old posts, you will see I purchased him from Bobby's last July clutch.

He never hibernated and he has always been a good eater. Well I guess it is true that you can never determine their age by their size.

ierowe

5 Year Member
He never hibernated and he has always been a good eater. Well I guess it is true that you can never determine their age by their size.

Did you keep him from hibernating or did he just not hibernate. I am wondering because I am getting a 2009 tegu and if mine gets that big that fast I am gonna def gonna build an outdoor enclosure for next year.

Wow he is a big dude. Love it

jor71

5 Year Member
Thanks ierowe, you cannot prevent them from doing something they want to do. But to answer your question, no I did not keep him from hibernating.

Some grow quickly, while others take longer.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Oh ok that makes sense now. Yours didnt hibernate, so it got a good 6 months more food down it's neck then mine did. I tried to keep mine from hibernating but It was impossible, one day it just stopped getting up and that was it for seven months. It really wanted to hibernate. I could do nothing, and it was in its big enclosure. so yeah but really nice looking tegu, mine will be that big by this fall hopefully.

jor71

5 Year Member
I believe he was going to go into hibernation when I had him in a 20 gallon long. He would be down for a day and come out for food and water. But, I moved him to his new bigger enclosure and he seemed to have been rejuvenated and was active again. I am not sure what got him going again.

jor71

5 Year Member
5 days a week I give him ground turkey, liver, hearts, chicken gizzard, blackberries, grapes, squash and very rarely soft boiled eggs. I would not give him all of it, but the baggies had a mixture of some of the above.

2 days a week he would get ASF Rats (when he was smaller, he would get mice) and/or chicks.

I would feed him till he stopped and walked away. I fed him once a day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980