• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new pics of Chancho!!!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
well here they are. i took some pics of Chancho and weighed him tonight. he weighs around 28 grams (he moved a bit on the scale after i took the pic of him on it and then the scale read 30, so im not sure which one it is).

pictures of him (his tail seems to be getting better)
DSCN17630001.jpg

DSCN17650003.jpg

him on scale:
DSCN17640002.jpg

yard stick on the scale for size reference (i forgot to get a pic of him and the yard stick until after i put him back in his cage and i didnt want to stress him by taking him out again)
DSCN17690004.jpg

what do ya think?

ZEKE

5 Year Member
i know isn't he :D and fairly friendly too. a little jumpy at first but he calms down nicely.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
lol yeah the feet are sorta funny looking, they feel funny too when he walks up my arm with those little suction cups :)

ZEKE

5 Year Member
i dont honestly think that any reptile "enjoys" being handled. some just tolerate it more than others.

crested geckos seen to tolerate being handled more than some lizards i have had. i would put them in about the same category as a leo. where leos can only run away when they get tired of being handled, cresties can climb stuff and jump really far tho so they can excape easier.

Nero

5 Year Member
I just had no luck with my Leo at all I dont think ill mess around with Geckos anymore yours is a beauty but mine really hasnt done anything for me but give me a slight headache

gebris353

5 Year Member
Well you he probably needs some patience from your side, Chancho is looking great, too bad we dont have them here at least to see them in the rep-shops. Btw Chancho means pig in spanish in case you didnt know but you probably did.

Btw, hello everybody, I've been very busy at college and fortunately Juancho has been hibernating. ;)

ZEKE

5 Year Member
yeah i did know that gebris.

i got Chancho from the guy on this site named COWHER, he already had his name. COWHER told me that Chancho is the name of the fat kid on the movie Nacho Lebre and it means "little piggy"

thanks for the compliments everyone!!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
thanks man :) he is an awesome gecko. i am really glad that you decided to let me have him :-D

i am really enjoying the fact that he doesnt try to bite me whenever i reach in his cage like zazu does lol.

i think Zazu might read "how to be a Tokay Gecko" instead of "how to be a Crested Gecko" he is an evil little thing lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980