• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Tegu owner

burnd4life

IÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢m a new red Argentine Tegu owner, saying Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??hello,Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã? from Northern California. IÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢ve had several pythons and smaller lizards (i.e. Leopard Gecko, Bearded Dragon), but this is my first larger lizard. Also have a noob question. Like pythons I understand that it is smart to feed your Tegu in another tank to reduce cage aggression. I have a 4-6 month old Tegu whoÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢s diet is primarily fruits and Insects, should I already start him feeding in another Tank or wait a little while? Any info you can shared for a first time owner would be greatly appreciated.

fireimp141

As soon as you can get em to eat in another bin, reduces the chances of food agression and getting accomodated to eating in the cage. First post first timer you should read this, helps a lot.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20</a><!-- l -->

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353</a><!-- l -->

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yep both are great reads for a new tegu owner as well as the other links on the home page of this site, it realy helped me out! also f you have a question that you cant find the answer to thee just ask, there is a wealth of information in thekeepers here a well. welome aboard, now we need pics of the tegu lol!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
he is awefully cute, is he a hybrid? kinda look like a redxb/w or maybe i just need my glasses lol!

fireimp141

Fyi, that second picture your holding the tail of Bossk, I don't recommend it. I know its just a safety procaution but ask Reptastic, his roomate did the same and now his gu is 13" shorter =/ if they get freaked they can drop their tail and that's no good.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
burnd4life said:
IÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢m a new red Argentine Tegu owner, saying Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??hello,Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã? from Northern California. IÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢ve had several pythons and smaller lizards (i.e. Leopard Gecko, Bearded Dragon), but this is my first larger lizard. Also have a noob question. I have owned several pythons and understand like them is it smart to feed your Tegu in another tank to reduce cage aggression. I have a 6 month old Tegu whoÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢s diet is primarily fruits and Insects, should I already start him feeding in another Tank or wait a little while? Any info you can shared for a first time owner would be greatly appreciated.

Where in NorCal? I'm in Chico...

brutus13

Hi I am in the same boat as you are. I am waiting for my tegu to be hatched and I should be getting "him" in june or july. I have done so much research and have learned alot. You should also check out Varnyard Herps. Bobby is your #1 go to person! He holds so much knowledge and has a lot of great info on his website. I am getting my GU from bobby so Im excited to see what happens. Good luck and have fun!! Oh yeah make sure you wake them up completely before you try to pick them up! I am in cali too!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan