• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New tegu owner

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How old is she? If I remember correctly they don't start to get their blue color until they are about 18 mths to 2 years old. The males usually have more color than the females.

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
Not sure of her age but probably 9 months and possibly close to a year. from her shoulder to her hips is the length of my hand, so she is still pretty young judging on the giants I see on here or youtube

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Awww.She sounds like our Leonidas.He sleeps with us sometimes, too, lol.She maybe is a extream giant since she is so light in color.She doesn't have the dark nose like a blue Tegu unless she is a hybrid.

Bubblz Calhoun.That's not always the case.I have a brother and sister powder blue/red hybrids.My female has a lot off powder blue on her and he doesn't.

My male

SS852159.jpg

My female

SS852242.jpg

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
How old is she? If I remember correctly they don't start to get their blue color until they are about 18 mths to 2 years old. The males usually have more color than the females.

Language barrier but :roll: that's okay,...its the internet, it happens. Txprepgirl I said "usually" which means more often than not, normally, or its common but not always. You know as well as I do, that nothing is written in stone when dealing with people or animals. The minute you think one thing maybe definite something else comes along and proves you wrong. ;)

Oh and by the way,...Don't make me come to Texas! :shock: You still haven' t posted pics or a Vid of Shakespeare (Tricky's brother) yet. :lol: I'm watching you Miss Lady :mrgreen: . Don't think I don't know my way around San Antonio,..I've been stationed there twice, I'll find you. :crazy :mrgreen:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980