• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New tegu owner

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
Hi people of Tegutalk! My name is Matt better known as Kingwolf26. I just acquired a supposed argentine black and white tegu, but she isn;t just black and white. She had a orange stomach, intense orange underneath and she has a black and white pattern with orange spot tinges in each white circle. I have seen red and black and white hybrids where they look like they have been dipped in rusty water, but here orange is specified to certain areas. She looks like a large timor monitor. She is just over or under 2 feet and had her for 3 days and right now she is sleeping on the back of my chair as I type this. I just seen the easy to attach photo thing so I will be sending a pick as soon as I get one of her. I do think you will love what you see. A guy in petsmart thought she was a gila monster, but remember not all of the white circles have orange in them

Meg90

5 Year Member
She sounds like a tegu to me. My B&W has an orange belly too. Her attitude sounds very tegu-ish to me as well, but only a picture will tell for sure.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Yes black and whites can have some orange. I believe my little buddy has a little bit of orange too especially under his throat but again a picture is needed to be sure.

Oh and by the way... WELCOME TO TEGU TALK!!!

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Hi Matt.Welcome to tegutalk and congrats on your new Tegu.She sounds like a sweet b/w tegu to me.It's normal for her to have that much orange on her.The color orange gets very bright in color in the winter time and will fade a bit after the winter is over.

mikecrowder23

5 Year Member
Yep another great looking gu. Mine has an almost exclusively orange belly so this is nothing to far out of the ordinary. And again welcome.

bubbategu2

5 Year Member
Hi, Matt! Welcome- just an FYI-if that is dirt or sand you have your tegu on, you don't want to feed her on that cuz she could easily get impacted from ingesting it. She looks nice and healthy.

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
She is not on cypress much, Its eco earth and nope I dont feed her in that cage, I let her out alot and she eats her ground turkey on the kitchen counter. No stain. Let me give you a closer pic

Attachments

• selena13.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 3

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
heres another pic notice how the orange spots are individualized and right now from her shoulders to her hips is the length of my hand

Attachments

• selena 14.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 4

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
More head shots,..is that a tear drop in the first pic? She may actually be a Blue tegu :shock: :lol: Gotta post better pics especially head shots.

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
I will do more pics. The camera was dying but there will be more really good ones. Whats a tear drop? I bought her from the reptile store for 150 and she had a really horrible feeding response where she would lunge at you the minute you opened the door. I will get a pic of her stomach too, its super orange

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
She stays in my room now since I don't have a adequate tank for her yet. She sleeps on the bed under the pillow or under my arm like a snuggled teddy bear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980