• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new tegu owner

wilsh

5 Year Member
Hey everyone my names Chris and im from England.
Ive recently aquired a juvenile tegu , he/she is 24"longs and seems healthy.
Had him/her for a fortnight and been bit once, right on the end of my finger OUCH! lesson learned the hard way again lol, be sure your hands dont smell of any food , i know ive read that somewhere?
here are some pics.[attachment=0][attachment=1]

Attachments

• 164653.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 1
  • 164721.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 3

wilsh

5 Year Member
thanks .No issues at the moment,this site is excellent for info .
I will post some more pics soon .

wilsh

5 Year Member
in fact i do have a question,how far do you normally keep a 125watt mvb from the basking rock mines 16" does this sound about right temps seem good.
Not as active today but he s eaten a lot yesterday and a bit more today,looks like he is asleep on his rock.Some pics of my set up

Attachments

• lilteg.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 2
  • lilviv.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 4
  • lilviv1.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 3

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Looks good, Any chance you have a temp gun? If the basking spot is 100-110 it should be fine. What type of Mvb is it?

wilsh

5 Year Member
its a solar glo exo terra and ive heard mixed feelings on these lamps.But i run a repti glo 10.0 30w as well
I dont have a temp gun as yet but will be getting one soon.
he/she has been charging and trying to bite me lol

wilsh

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone ill post more pics as he/she grows. Time to start gaining some trust i think :cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.