• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new tegu owner

newyorkherp

Howdy,

Proud to say I got my first tegu the other day. LLL reptile got a bunch of reds and b/w argentines, so I had to have one. I've wanted a big lizard for awhile, but was in no hurry to deal with the terrible twos that come from the varanids. Heard horror stories of "puppy dog tame" savvies, black throats, and waters that became absolute monsters. So I decided on a tegu. Got myself a baby red, he's awesome too.

Im really surprised at how calm he is even as a hatchling, he's still got a bit of green on him, and yet he's sitting on my lap as I type this. My only gripe is I never see him. Unless I dig him out he stays invisible.

My other animals include a bearded dragon and a quince monitor. I think I might be getting another one of these guys this week if they're still available, I want to try breeding them eventually. I've heard its a real challenge and im looking forward to trying.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Let's see some pics of him and some of your quince. I just got a quince on Friday.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome aboard...look foward to seeing sum pics...just one question though you mention him having a green head,if its a red it shouldnt have a green head, more of a redish brown are you sure its not a redXblk & wht. Good luck on the new guy and one last note if you want him to trust you, you have to stop digging him out his hide!

newyorkherp

Maybe it is more reddish brown. Im positive its a red though. Ill post some pictures when I get to a computer, my phone makes it a pain.

And I suppose that makes sense. Yesterday after I dragged him out he decided to wake up and move around. Got to watch him chase down some crickets and he ate some fruit.

My quince is proving to be pretty shy, unbelievably so. But I expect that from a baby monitor. Thanks all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980