• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New tegu, Very Happy

wford84

I bought my new tegu yesterday and couldn't be happier with him. He seems to be already tame, almost. He came to my house around noon yesterday and I held him twice before he fell asleep around midnight. I woke up and he was up walking around his tank and he ate a pinky mouse and refused another, and again when it was offered 5 hours later. I am just extremely surprised because he just hangs out with me basically. He ran once and I got him back quickly, then he just sat around mainly on my arm, and when I offered him to get down he wouldn't do it, either he likes me or was just using me for body heat. He went after a banana like it was a live mouse, and threw half of it 5 feet away. I have a few concerns, though. My first concern is I have a 100 watt exoterra intense basking spot bulb in a 75 gallon and the rock meant for a basking spot only gets to 85 degrees. How do I get him to the right temperature? Also he hasn't pooped yet. Should I be concerned?

Ujarak

You can either get a higher watage bulb or get it closer to his basking rock. As far as the pooping thing, without proper heat they cant digest as well so it will be much slower.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont