• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Tegu

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
I got a new tegu today through a trade, I really like her, but she doesn't look argentine to me, she looks a little gold, maybe even a little yellow, but she does eat fruits, she just took a bath and ate some boiled eggs with chopped meat
what a freakin terror she is, just one touch to both sides, and she whips across the cage, she actually freakin fliped a container which is supposed to be her water bowl
dsc00456lm6.jpg

dsc00458ga4.jpg

dsc00459gm9.jpg

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Geesh, I hate to say it but if you were trading for an Argentine Tegu you were taken. That sure looks like a Columbian. Not that I don't like Columbians but I'd be pretty PO'ed because it certainly wasn't a fair trade financially. Columbian tegus generally sell for less than $40.

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
Oh no! Did you trade your Monky Tailed Skink for the new Tegu? :(

If you decide to keep the new Tegu I would talk to ppl who actually have Columbians and see if and how they tamed them down.

Brat!

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
I KNEW IT, it is a columbian, well...............i really do like her, and i'll see how everything goes, she doesn't bite, she tolerates being handled as long as she isn't grabbed, so i guess that's a bit calmer than columbians i've seen around
if not, i'm just going to have to sell this new girl, and get another "real" argentine black and white tegu, what can I say, I was just plain stupid

hoosier

5 Year Member
Sounds a little small for two years also. but being female it might be ok for a columbian. sorry about the trade. have you tried to contact the guy again?

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
nah, i'm just going to let the guy go and try to tame this little girl and see how it goes, if not, i'll sell her, and just buy a new one

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ah, that sucks. I personally like the colombians, but it's still not a fair trade.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I agree with Jane and Mike. Although you definitely got hosed on the trade (if it was in fact for the MTS), I like Columbians and they deserve love too. My friend who owns a shop has one that eats stuff out of his hand and acts just like an Argentine.

boygenius

5 Year Member
snakehandler said:
Looks like a colombian tegu.

When I saw your pictures, I thought the same but gave it the benefit of the doubt because the pictures are a bit blurry and who wants to ruin a party?

angelrose

5 Year Member
:-D angelrose is my colombian for 3 yrs now and she does not look anything like her for sure :-D .....wait :idea:
I'll take her 8)

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
I also like columbians, but by nature they are just a little more skittish. You'll have the best success if you use non-force handling. You're going to have to let him get used to you on his terms. If you traded a $800 monkey tailed skink for a columbian, I'd be about ready to flip my lid.

-Chris

gebris353

5 Year Member
I wouldnt care about the little boy but of the guy that said it was an Argentine one. I just cant have it for a time to see how it goes and sell it if it's not going so good. No offense, but after the first day I get a pet I love it so much that just cant give it away, no matter if its's not what I expected, it is still a beautiful animal! :-D

boygenius

5 Year Member
shiftylarry said:
I also like columbians, but by nature they are just a little more skittish. You'll have the best success if you use non-force handling. You're going to have to let him get used to you on his terms. If you traded a $800 monkey tailed skink for a columbian, I'd be about ready to flip my lid.

-Chris

I'd still try to get my monkey tailed back if I were you, it was worth easily 20x the price of that columbian.

I'd so bust an oj on someone if i couldn't get it back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus