• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

CINTHIA L TORRES

Hello group, thanks for the add. I'm a new tegu owner. Bought my I believe it's a girl at the Baltimore repticon. She's a 23" black and white and is very nice. Seller said she's between 6 months and a year old. And I just took in a 6mth gold tegu that is crazy scared to the point she jumps at you to bite you. I believe it's going to be a long slow road with this one. Btw, I'm luvin all the info here.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Hello group, thanks for the add. I'm a new tegu owner. Bought my I believe it's a girl at the Baltimore repticon. She's a 23" black and white and is very nice. Seller said she's between 6 months and a year old. And I just took in a 6mth gold tegu that is crazy scared to the point she jumps at you to bite you. I believe it's going to be a long slow road with this one. Btw, I'm luvin all the info here.

Hey!! Welcome to the forum. You'll like the info here - there's plenty of issue/resolutions to use. I have a 2 yr old B/W that took about 10 months to tame. He used to jump at me too, and really was aggressive. I have a female B/W that's about the age of your gold, and she is a sweetpea, so you just never know. Hang in there with patience, patience, patience...... they do come around - just sometimes later than sooner. Don't reward the behavior. Wait until it's calm again. Good luck!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi Cynthia,

Welcome. Jumped right in! The Gold will take more work but you're in luck. Experienced teguixin keepers active on this forum. Check out old threads and feel free to ask questions. Successful responsible care is the priority here.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hello and welcome ....... don't believe everything you read about golds as they are great animals as long as you give them the time and patience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980