• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

mschuld

5 Year Member
Hey everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a couple months and think it's quite informative and entertaining. Bobby sent us a B@W Tegu last week and we couldn't be any happier with the little guy! Our cyclura thinks differently though, as she spent much of "tegu arrival day" bobbing and gaping at him from across the room. Maybe someday she'll accept him. Anyway, I've been into reptiles and amphibians since I was a little turd, and enjoy hanging out with like-minded people. My wife of nine years is becoming one of us--She is starting to talk to the lizards behind the glass now!

I've been enjoying your posts, and will keep in touch.

P.S.- If you want a tegu, call Bobby! The guy is a pro, and a pleasure to deal with and talk to. He is obviously passionate about the quality and integrity of his animals.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mschuld said:
Hey everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a couple months and think it's quite informative and entertaining. Bobby sent us a B@W Tegu last week and we couldn't be any happier with the little guy! Our cyclura thinks differently though, as she spent much of "tegu arrival day" bobbing and gaping at him from across the room. Maybe someday she'll accept him. Anyway, I've been into reptiles and amphibians since I was a little turd, and enjoy hanging out with like-minded people. My wife of nine years is becoming one of us--She is starting to talk to the lizards behind the glass now!

I've been enjoying your posts, and will keep in touch.

P.S.- If you want a tegu, call Bobby! The guy is a pro, and a pleasure to deal with and talk to. He is obviously passionate about the quality and integrity of his animals.

Welcome to the TeguTalk community, glad you can join us, also thanks for the kind comments. :)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
IMG_0904_.jpg

WELCOME!!!

Our approx. 2 year old Cuban Rock Iguana hasn't gaped or bobbed at anything yet, but we've only had her for 3 weeks.

mschuld

5 Year Member
Ours is a lewisii hybrid, she will be two on October 2nd. I think she was actually jealous of me giving the tegu attention. I've spent alot of time with her this past year, so I think she's very attatched to me. She head bobs at me all the time, after a while you can understand what the different movements indicate. We experienced a major shift in her personality about 5 months ago. One day I reached down to pick her up and she didn't even flinch. She became totally social like turning on a switch. If I let her roam she will seek me out in the house. They are fascinating and intelligent lizards. I think the tegus are way up there too. I hope your experience with your cyclura is as positive as mine has been so far. Anyway, thanks for the welcome mat everyone, and remember, it's a good day if you're in it!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mschuld said:
Ours is a lewisii hybrid, she will be two on October 2nd. I think she was actually jealous of me giving the tegu attention. I've spent alot of time with her this past year, so I think she's very attatched to me. She head bobs at me all the time, after a while you can understand what the different movements indicate. We experienced a major shift in her personality about 5 months ago. One day I reached down to pick her up and she didn't even flinch. She became totally social like turning on a switch. If I let her roam she will seek me out in the house. They are fascinating and intelligent lizards. I think the tegus are way up there too. I hope your experience with your cyclura is as positive as mine has been so far. Anyway, thanks for the welcome mat everyone, and remember, it's a good day if you're in it!
We were given the approx. 2 year old CRI 3 weeks ago. She's very docile but a little jumpy when taken out. Definitely have to work on trust.

Our male Blue Tegu was wicked cage aggressive when we got him, but after about 6 weeks the switch was flipped and he suddenly didn't see me as a threat anymore.

Yes, any day you wake up on the top side of the grass is a good day!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me