• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

No cricket left behind

ashesc212

5 Year Member
So I figured out a new way to sort my crickets that I receive in bulk, without having them escape and go all over the place. Normally it's a two person job for me. I'll shake them out into a garbage bag while my bf holds the box. Then we dump them into the cricket keepers from there. Inevitably, some crickets find their way onto the floors, walls, etc.

I realized that to counter this problem, I simply need my one tegu army. He provides ground support on the floor, and makes sure that no crickets escape hahaha. It's so cute when he chases them down for escaping! Therefore, no cricket is left behind! :mrgreen:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I dump the box into a large tub and scoop out the live ones, from the dead and other crap, into the 10G tank I keep them in. Our cats love chasing and killing the crickets.

You HAVE TO post a video of him chasing crickets!!!!!

Beasty

5 Year Member
Ground support indeed! Makin' him earn his keep eh?
Nice work!

Now if we could only find PAYING jobs for all these critters! :idea: :chin

ashesc212

5 Year Member
HAHA. I'll try to take some pictures of him doing this next time. It is super cute.

By the way - I think I see the start of BUTTONS!!! I think my little Lucky is a boy.

Plus - I just measured him and he is a whopping 27"!!! The last time I measured him he was 22". Wow, he's growing fast.

Tonight he had his first taste of fish and boy did he love it. He ate up the whole plate. Oh man, he has an appetite!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
HAHA. I'll try to take some pictures of him doing this next time. It is super cute.

By the way - I think I see the start of BUTTONS!!! I think my little Lucky is a boy.

Plus - I just measured him and he is a whopping 27"!!! The last time I measured him he was 22". Wow, he's growing fast.

Tonight he had his first taste of fish and boy did he love it. He ate up the whole plate. Oh man, he has an appetite!
Congrats!!! :app

You've got a monster on your hands!!! :shock:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029