• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

No forked tongue yet...

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They have a forked tongue at birth. The only thing I can think of is that one side of the fork got bitten off by a clutch mates. Can you take a picture please?

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
To add onto what Kharnifex said, the Jacobsons organ (spelling?) is I believe in the roof of there mouth. It acts almost like a nose and thats why their constently flicking there tongue around, It will tell them if something the flick is food and a bunch of other cool stuff that I can't remember the exact details on at the moment.

The tegu should be fine without it, there's plenty that are missing toes and even feet that are still alive so I can't see a piece of its tongue missing being a big deal.

Spencer

olympus

5 Year Member
IMG_0669.jpg

I think it will be ok, but doesn't it look hot when they have it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029