• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

No more spying!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Hello all. This is my first time posting on this forum (usually I just read what's being said and that's about it). I have seriously been considering the whole tegu thing and fighting myself about it lol. Anyway, I've concluded that I AM going to get a tegu.

I have a beardie (she stems from royalty), a king snake, 3 chinchillas, 4 ferrets, and some cats, to which I am also a servant.

Anyway, I hope to learn more from this forum since I am new to the tegu experience. :)

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Welcome :)

Take your time and read as many care sheets as possible without going blind, a tegu isn't something to rush into....wow... I sounded really old there! lol

Congrats on taking the leap, they're very rewarding animals. Especially once get used to you. I can assure you, your going to want another once you get it :mrgreen: ;)

Spencer

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Lol...she has all the necessary skills to be a monarch - she knows how to divide, conquer, and enslave humans to become her subjects. If you're not careful, the punishment is severe - the beardie death glare...enough to make any man, woman, or child fall to their knees.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Lol...she has all the necessary skills to be a monarch - she knows how to divide, conquer, and enslave humans to become her subjects. If you're not careful, the punishment is severe - the beardie death glare...enough to make any man, woman, or child fall to their knees.
Boy, can I relate to that!!! We've gotten some incredible black beards that would make mortal men tremble with fear!! Then we laugh at him. He's actually attacked our dog!! Bit and held as the dog whimpered!!! I wish I had the camera ready!!!

Schnab

5 Year Member
I have no clue what's going on with the bearded dragon talk going on here lol but i'll just stick with what I have to say lol

Do alot of research before getting the tegu, there's alot of sub species of tegu to choose from, what would be best for a begginer would be the infamous argentine black and white tegu since their the easiest of all to tame, but I mean, the others are just as cool.

There's the reds, the blues, chacoans, and columbians. Apparently columbian tegus are harder to tame and a bit skittish. But then again, I've read about people manedging to tame them down just as good as an argentine. They don't get as big, but their scales are alot smoother (kinda like a skink).

Anyway once you really know where your going, enjoy owning one of the best reptiles in the pet market!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Boy, can I relate to that!!! We've gotten some incredible black beards that would make mortal men tremble with fear!! Then we laugh at him. He's actually attacked our dog!! Bit and held as the dog whimpered!!! I wish I had the camera ready!!!

Oh man, I'd love to see that! Just for the sake of seeing a beardie attack something...mine expects you to tremble just from the beard alone without having to lift a finger. :-D

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Schnab said:
I have no clue what's going on with the bearded dragon talk going on here lol but i'll just stick with what I have to say lol

Do alot of research before getting the tegu, there's alot of sub species of tegu to choose from, what would be best for a begginer would be the infamous argentine black and white tegu since their the easiest of all to tame, but I mean, the others are just as cool.

There's the reds, the blues, chacoans, and columbians. Apparently columbian tegus are harder to tame and a bit skittish. But then again, I've read about people manedging to tame them down just as good as an argentine. They don't get as big, but their scales are alot smoother (kinda like a skink).

Anyway once you really know where your going, enjoy owning one of the best reptiles in the pet market!

I'm so excited. I'm actually picking up one of DaveDragon's hatchlings!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:

Oh man, I'd love to see that! Just for the sake of seeing a beardie attack something...mine expects you to tremble just from the beard alone without having to lift a finger. :-D
This is an older pic but you get the idea.
100_2595_.jpg

Unfortunately the adult Beardies are brumating.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
I'm so excited. I'm actually picking up one of DaveDragon's hatchlings!!!
And you'll get to meet the parents (the hatchlings, not mine)! We''ll wake them up. And our snakes and our kids!! You'll be overloaded and looking to get your tubes tied before you leave!!! :mrgreen:

ashesc212

5 Year Member
LOL! I can't wait!

My bf and I keep arguing about whose tegu it's gonna be. Realistically it's 50/50 but still...

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
LOL! I can't wait!

My bf and I keep arguing about whose tegu it's gonna be. Realistically it's 50/50 but still...
I do the most with the reptiles but my wife has her favorites, as do I. But we do share the work depending on who's got time. I just need to tell her what needs to be done since I keep all the records.

I thought the B&W was his and this will be yours??!! :mrgreen: Good luck!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
ashesc212 said:
LOL! I can't wait!

I do the most with the reptiles but my wife has her favorites, as do I. But we do share the work depending on who's got time. I just need to tell her what needs to be done since I keep all the records.

I thought the B&W was his and this will be yours??!! :mrgreen: Good luck!

Lol - if he contacts you asking you to sign something saying you are selling the tegu to him only DO NOT SIGN HAHAHAHAHA :twisted:

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
lol, be careful. i turned down a once in a lifetime opertunity to own ferrets (California) because my tegu is too aggressive towards furry mammals.

took her months to realize my cat has claws and isn't edible.
they still don't like each other though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980