• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Not eating

Sirhc401

Simple as this. I have a juvi kingsnake that has been eating fine. Once a week. I give it a frozen fuzzie. I have not changed anything and out of the blue, he has not touched food for 3 weeks. He is not sick and not shedding. What could be the problem? I'm assuming it is insecurity. But then why would he eat fine before and decide now that he is insecure?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Kingsnakes will go "off food" during the colder months. How long have you had it and how old is it?

Sirhc401

He is almost 2 feet. I think he is about a year. I have had him for 9 months. Like tegus who even if their temperature does not change will hibernate, will king snakes decide to slow their eating even with no change?

Sirhc401

Okay. Makes sense. I'll offer him his food every week and if he eats or not is up to him. Thanks for the help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029