• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Not New ... but back on the boards!

nat

5 Year Member
Hi Everyone
I joined Tegutalk when it first started up. Life drew me away and now I am back! I am still busy as heck but hopefully I will fit in some time to drop by here and say hello once and awhile.

Just as a re-introduction...

I am Nat. 25, married and in my last month of completing my degree in education (one of the reasons I have been away so much!). I have kept reptiles for well over a decade and have kept some tegus.

I was introduced to tegus when I was given a tegu due to some "neurological" issues it had (the pet store didn't want to sell it due to its defects). I took it on and fell in love. This is also when I found tegutalk and found some really great advice on how to care for her properly. She ended up being the coolest lizard I have ever interacted with. She was rather unexpected though (never planned on having a tegu) and I found I couldn't devote the space I needed for her and my other reptiles (which include 2 large sulcatas). Because I was living in a small space and had limited resources due to being a full time university student (with a chronic health issue), I placed the tegu with a good friend of mine who had just lost one of his due to old age.

In the meantime, I worked on my two degrees, moved and founded a registered reptile rescue (North Island Reptile Rescue Society : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://northislandreptileclub.homestead.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://northislandreptileclub.homestead.com</a><!-- m -->

Today I got home from class to a phone call...

would I be able to take another "vicious" tegu?
Of course the answer is yes. I have always missed my girl. I am not sure if I am taking her on a temporary or full time basis but I look forward to having one around again. I am going to pick her up tomorrow night from the SAME pet store that can't sell her because she is "mean" (ie food aggressive). So I thought I would drop in here, and brush up on my tegu care and reaquaint myself with some old tegu friends.

well that's enough of me blah blah blahing..... cheers!
nat

ps. Updated pics and some new animals I have gotten since the last time I was here!

Attachments

• 5414_115473361711_645001711_2696284_2911496_n.jpg
    513 bytes · Views: 4
  • n645001711_678492_9811.jpg
    513 bytes · Views: 3
  • 3173_72153686711_645001711_2064597_954777_n.jpg
    513 bytes · Views: 5

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WELCOME BACK!!!! :fiwo :fiwo :fiwo

You haven't posted in over a year!!

We've met a few reptiles/animals that we were told were "vicious" but they were usually just hungry or cage aggressive. Most of them calm down once you get them out. Except for the 3 foot male Savannah Monitor we're fostering for 6 to 12 months. he doesn't seem to like me but he does well with my wife. She can snuggle with him, he hisses at me.

I thought you had been busy going to school. My wife has been a high school Special Ed teacher for over 20 years.

I almost forgot about your Torts! How are they? Post some pics!

nat

5 Year Member
yah I am not worried about the tegu being 'vicious'. I got to peek at her a couple of weeks ago and she is really really high on the cream colouration... I will post pics once I have her (or him?)

I am worried about her (his?) growth rate though. I know the pet store has had it for about 8 months at least and it is the size of a 2-3 month old :( I will get it up to 4 feet in no time! ha ha

I will post more pics and fix my avatar in a bit.. tired and I have class bright and early tomorrow (ew)

Your wife must be a really special person to teach special ed for 20 years! I have done support work for special needs for the past 5-6 years but I am already burnt out from it (well more so to do with the foster families and situations the kids come from and not so much the kids... they are great!).

Richard21

5 Year Member
Welcome back! I've seen some of your old post you had some really nice pets. I know college can make things hectic and having to sell your animals for college is a very tough thing to do. Glad you got some new gus.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Nat,
Glad to see ya back. Hope all is well with health and family (that includes all your critters)!!