• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Odd Behavior

Middylark

Hello, I am new here but have owned a tegu for about a year now. I got her when she was 2 years old, and she has been the biggest sweetheart and also very very healthy.

Now my problem is, I went on vacation for three days and had my brother take care of her. She has a heat lamp on all day, but her normal light was off for this time. When I came home to give her a treat she ran away back into her hide box (she does accept treats in her cage, but I feed her meals outside it). She has never done this before, since she has been quite the glutton.

I picked her up today to spend our daily 20mins together and she acted like she wanted to be put down right away and struggled a lot. This isn't normal for Elizabeth, she really is one to crave attention/pets so this is coming off as strange behavior for her.

Any help would be welcome.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to TeguTalk!
Could she be in the midst of a shed that would make her a bit more grumpy?

Rebecca Stout

I'm following this because I'm sure to leave town in the future and have someone care for mine. I've been really anxious that the same thing will happen to me.

Middylark

Lizzie seems fine now, just needed to pay her a ton of attention when I got home. She had a pleasant bath and is back to being the voracious eater and snuggly lizard I remember.

Rebecca Stout

Shew. Thanks for sharing the experience. You know with beardies and ferrets ... a bath really helps them bond some. I dont know what it is, maybe that they have to totally put trust in you, but it helps. I never though of doing that in this instance. Thaks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont