• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

oddball tegu. lol

Jer723

5 Year Member
hey guys my new little girl tequila is awesome and doing really great! im just wondering is she different than your guys' babies, especially from royXpurdy. my tegu does some things that bobby and other people have said hatchlings dont really do. for instance my tegu LOVES fruit. she has already eaten cherries, melon, nectarines, apple, pear. she loves them, and i thought baby tegus dont usually do that. and the other thing that puzzles me is my tegu WILL NOT eat ground turkey! did she never eat turkey bobby, lol? is she the oddball. /jk. (shes awesome) i love her to death i just wonder why she does these things when they are know not to. thanks.

PS: also is there anything you guys would recommend as a replacement for ground turkey? an alternative? because i know the good majority of you feed it ALOT! lol thanks again guys,

Jerry

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
i also do ground liver/chicken...staple food is superworms/mealworms(when mine was smaller)...thats not all that odd mine ate fruit right off the bat when i got her at about a month old...

Jer723

5 Year Member
oh thats another thing i forgot. my tegu will not eat worms. so chicken and liver works good?

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Jer723 said:
hey guys my new little girl tequila is awesome and doing really great! im just wondering is she different than your guys' babies, especially from royXpurdy. my tegu does some things that bobby and other people have said hatchlings dont really do. for instance my tegu LOVES fruit. she has already eaten cherries, melon, nectarines, apple, pear. she loves them, and i thought baby tegus dont usually do that. and the other thing that puzzles me is my tegu WILL NOT eat ground turkey! did she never eat turkey bobby, lol? is she the oddball. /jk. (shes awesome) i love her to death i just wonder why she does these things when they are know not to. thanks.

PS: also is there anything you guys would recommend as a replacement for ground turkey? an alternative? because i know the good majority of you feed it ALOT! lol thanks again guys,

Jerry

I feed ground chicken both beef and chicken livers. Also some fish. they like beef heart too.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some young tegus might eat a bit of fruit, I just choose not to feed it, there is not much in it but water. And I am sure your baby ate turkey with me, I feed my babies turkey, egg, roaches, crickets and pinkies.

Jer723

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Some young tegus might eat a bit of fruit, I just choose not to feed it, there is not much in it but water. And I am sure your baby ate turkey with me, I feed my babies turkey, egg, roaches, crickets and pinkies.

do you think im making the mix wrong?i dont know why she wouldnt like it now if you feed it to her there. im just trying to give her good variety. im purchasing roaches this weekend. does anybody have any foods that their tegus love that i dont know of? i want to try new things with her. by the way bobby, she is super tame now! almost as tame as my yearling. shes awesome, and the green head is almost gone! :-D

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
now mine is older than yours is but Akira loves eggs scrambled in the bowl she will eat eggs before she touches a mouse and i've seen her jump across her cage for a mouse...idk if anyone else has seen a their tegu jump 3ft through the air for a mouse but i have and it is some crazy stuff

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Did you mix in a little cod liver oil with the turkey (1 tbs per 1 lb turkey)?? Our Blue hatchlings didn't know what to do with it for 2 or 3 days but loved it after that!!

Jer723

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Did you mix in a little cod liver oil with the turkey (1 tbs per 1 lb turkey)?? Our Blue hatchlings didn't know what to do with it for 2 or 3 days but loved it after that!!

yea i made the mix the exact same way as bobby the only difference was i couldnt find liver that day so i ground up some beef heart instead! ugggh :bang

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me