• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

One of the boys!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is one of my future beeder boys!!

DSCN3416.jpg

DSCN3426.jpg

DSCN3422.jpg

DSCN3418.jpg

angelrose

5 Year Member
Bobby, I was just wondering what makes you decide which ones will be future breeders :roll:
would you like me to hold him until you are ready in the future :lol: ;)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, I choose my breeders based on them having good size, nice colors, and a good disposition. I like babies that are light in color with a nice pattern. This is also mostly based on the parents as well, pretty adults as a rule produce pretty babies. Same with the size and disposition. :)

Thanks for the great comments guys, and Angelrose, I would love to let you hold them, if only for a minute or two. :p :lol:

gebris353

5 Year Member
I agree, that boy is awesome, you have a good taste for colors and patterns for what I can see Bobby, keep posting them, you know we love those pics! :-D

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Well, I choose my breeders based on them having good size, nice colors, and a good disposition.
Very interesting. Do you think personality is passed down to successive generations?

Do you find that the well tempered tegus make better breeders? I'd always heard that it was good to have an aggressive animal for a breeder, but I don't breed tegus, so I really don't know.

He looks like a stud to me.

-Chris

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
shiftylarry said:
Well, I choose my breeders based on them having good size, nice colors, and a good disposition.
Very interesting. Do you think personality is passed down to successive generations?

Do you find that the well tempered tegus make better breeders? I'd always heard that it was good to have an aggressive animal for a breeder, but I don't breed tegus, so I really don't know.

He looks like a stud to me.

-Chris

I really do think it is passed down, much like many other animals. Mean parents often reflect on the young.

As for using aggressive animals for breeding, I just do not think that is needed. Some of my best breeders are the calmest animals, I I do feel like this is passed down to the young. I am not saying every baby will be calm, but I do think you have more in any given clutch that are.

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
you have some skills sir, or maybe just an eye of an eagle... either way i thought i hada nice red till i seen yours... now i feel ashamed lol.. i called him ferrari cuz of the red but maybe i should rename him to dodge... lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well thanks, I am very picky about my breeders, they must be special to make the cut.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus