• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

outside temperature

boygenius

5 Year Member
hello,

i just had questions on outdoor enclosures and how they would fare if it gets colder. if i were to dig a few feet below, and with enough substrate - would being underground protect them during the nights or when it's colder?

i live in kansas and our weather is always fluctuating. right now it's around 60-70's but during the night it dips to 40.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
More experienced members may be able to offer fuller adviceÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

But after much research IÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢ve decided to have both an indoor and outdoor enclosure. This allows the animal to get plenty of natural sunlight during the day but can be kept indoors in the evenings (spring & fall). In the warmer summer months I may leave him outside overnightÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ hibernation will also take place indoors where I can control the environment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me