• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Paraguayan B&W

Miles Dad

Underground has some Paraguayan B&Ws for sale and was wondering if anyone knows how (if they do) they differ from a Argentine or Chacoan. In they'll photo it kinda looks like a cross to me.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They don't differ in any way. Some claim the colors are a little different but I don't see it. Who knows if they are really from Paraguay or not anyway, in my opinion its just a marketing ploy.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree with James. Last summer it was all about paraguayan reds. Some say there are color differences with the reds but i have never heard of paraguayan black and whites. It's all marketing. If they are w/c there is no way to tell where they came from.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
All marketing... No facts. Anyone who catches tegus from Florida without knowing the background behind the animal and sells them as "chacoans" and "paraguayans" is shady in my book.

agv0008

I almost bought a tegu from my local pet store. After hearing all the fuss about the imports and the fact that they were Colombians, it was hard to believe that they were not imports, so I just ordered one from a breeder.

bmx3000max

bobby told me that paraguyins are the same as argintens but have less desireable color so thats why he dosent breed them

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some countries have export bans so tegus are routed from one country to another in order to be sold. It can be really difficult to specify a place of origin. On the other hand, tegus of one region may have specific characteristics due to the specific gene pool. In that case, one could look at a captive tegu and say that it resembles wild tegus from a certain locale.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.