• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pics of Kwayze's Enclosure That We Built

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Okay, so I finally have some pics of the enclosure that we built for our bearded dragon. It is 5' x 2' x 2'. It's not perfect, that's for sure. We made MANY mistakes and might redo the doors entirely. Plus, trying to bring it up our narrow halls was a task causing us to tear the thing up. Also, you'll notice some minor details that somehow I missed (or maybe you won't lol who knows).

Anyway, for a first attempt here it is (note: I think we are going to buy Lucky's next enclosure, it's just easier that way):

3286121380_eaf9f114b6.jpg

3286121366_54d052e82f.jpg

3286121356_d8b36631d7.jpg

ashesc212

5 Year Member
LOL he was on the floor and the reflection must have been caught in the picture haha. Nothing like a monster lurking under Kwayze's bed though, if that had been the case!

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
nice, Just finished my 8x4x4 today, everything is in place just need to primer inside and out then paint inside and out and its finished. Hard work but WELL worth not spending over a grand on a made cage when i only spent 100ish building it :D (used rehabralphies EXACT tutorial)

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone. It took a while and we definitely did not stay within budget.

omgtaylorg - how long did it take you to build that enclosure? Did you have any issues with it? I'd love to see pics when you are done.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
omgtaylorg said:
nice, Just finished my 8x4x4 today, everything is in place just need to primer inside and out then paint inside and out and its finished. Hard work but WELL worth not spending over a grand on a made cage when i only spent 100ish building it :D (used rehabralphies EXACT tutorial)

;)

Schnab

5 Year Member
Thumbs up on that enclosure. Nice job! I love that hide your beardy's basking on. It looks like a temple.

dicy

5 Year Member
it looks nice man i love building cages and do fake rocks when i finished one i always get ideas for the next one :D

Filphfio

5 Year Member
I got the same problem with narrow halls! on my next build I will be using door hinges on all corners... this way when it comes time to move, I just take out the pins and the thing comes apart. Each side will leave or enter separately.

how did you make those fake rocks?! they look professional

ashesc212

5 Year Member
That is such a good idea for narrow hallways!!! That would of saved me a lot of trouble!

The rocks were pretty easy to make. I glued styrofoam together into the shape that I wanted. I cut edges and stuff to make it look like rock. Then I filled up all the crevices with "Great Stuff Foam Insulator". After that, I shaved the great stuff into a rock-like design. From there, I used sanded grout and put paint in it to get the color I wanted. After doing about 2 coats of grout I put on on about 3 or 4 coats of water-based polyurethane. Then I let it air out for about a
month (no joke).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan