• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pig blanket

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know someone uses one for tegus. Would it be safe to use one for eddie during his night time?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know quite a few people who use them for outdoor tortoise enclosures, so I don't see why not.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Pig blankets and heating mats are great! As long as its a big enclosure as they can warm up quite a bit. Avoid direct contact with wood and bedding as well.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How much of a difference does it make heat-wise? I have the cycles flipped so I would end up using it during our day.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Depends on the brand but most get up to 115 degrees and then cut off. So that area right around the blanket can be 90 to 120 degrees depending on the cage set-up. Always use a thermostate on them, some have internal ones but I do not trust them (had one go bad on me, luckly it just shut off rather then heat too high.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980