• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Piper

Lynda

Piper's gettin tired...not eating much,slowing down...gonna miss the 'ol girl! She reached 40" this year

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 20

Lynda

[attachment=5839]
james.w said:
Is she a 2011? Any full body pictures?

Yes, she's a Varnyard AA. Here's a pic before she takes her long winter nap ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 15

mattlagrone19

Does anyone feed there tegu in there cage.... Just got mines buts everyone says feed tgem out of tge cage but how can i do that when he wont even let me pick him up yet lol

tegus4life

You can feed in the cage if you really need to, in my opinion it is better not to stress your tegu out even more by taking him out of the cage while he adapts to his brand new home. Just be sure you feed somewhere that he cannot ingest substrate, like on a large paper plate. Once he adjusts to being in a new place you can work on getting him calm enough to allow you to feed him out of his enclosure. For the first two or so weeks though, I wouldn't worry too much about feeding him in his cage - I don't think a week or two will make a big difference. Just make the transition to his new home easy and stress-free for him as possible (be sure your temps, humidity, etc are correct) and try to make sure he doesn't ingest substrate if/when you do feed him in his enclosure.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
My tegu was too jumpy to feed outside the cage when he was little, so I fed him inside the cage from a bowl on a paper plate. He seemed to like it that way, so I am still doing it at 5 months old now and he is not aggressive at all. I open the cage, pet him, then set the bowl down. When the bowl is on the ground, he walks over and eats. There is absolutely no aggression toward me even if I do things in the cage while he is eating. I just never feed from my hands. He looks at the bowl for food. Once the bowl is on the floor, he could not care less about hands. When my hands do not have the bowl, he walks over to climb my arm to come out. I do not feed live food and the substrate is processed peat moss (no chiggers in it), so if a few particles are ingested, it will get digested or pass through.

Lynda

[attachment=5841]Bummer...I was anxious to see the replies for Piper's picture but the subject changed! JK...I have always fed Piper in her cage. I'm fortunate she is very calm and just slowly walks to her food dish when I put it in. I've always let her sniff me and then rub her for a bit before doing anything like feeding, so maybe she just got used to me vs food.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 13

mattlagrone19

Hahah im sorry lynda... If i could fidgure out how to start my own thread i wouldnt have to mess up otherslol.. But thats y were a huge tegu family.. But piper is awsome and so pretty... My baby boy look like her... Hopefully one day ill be able to get him to relax on my chest.... And thank u and everyone else for the imput.... Love this site

Lynda

mattlagrone19 said:
Hahah im sorry lynda... If i could fidgure out how to start my own thread i wouldnt have to mess up otherslol.. But thats y were a huge tegu family.. But piper is awsome and so pretty... My baby boy look like her... Hopefully one day ill be able to get him to relax on my chest.... And thank u and everyone else for the imput.... Love this site

No prob! Any pictures of yours?

mattlagrone19

Lynda said:
mattlagrone19 said:

No prob! Any pictures of yours?

Attachments

• 20121121_211510.jpg
    20121121_211510.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10

ReptileGuy

mattlagrone19 said:
Does anyone feed there tegu in there cage.... Just got mines buts everyone says feed tgem out of tge cage but how can i do that when he wont even let me pick him up yet lol

Mine won't eat anywhere other than in the cage. Hopefully he wont be so picky soon...But as long as they are being handled more than they are fed you should be good.

Lynda said:
Piper's gettin tired...not eating much,slowing down...gonna miss the 'ol girl! She reached 40" this year

Lynda your tegu is a gorgeous!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980