• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Platnium Tegus

Penny&Dollar

Has anybody here bought a platinum tegu from underground? Just wanted to know if platinum and snow tegus were the same. I bought two from underground and they are about 36" and are still dark, I know this other dude that bought a snow tegu from Jonny tegu terra and his tegu is what I thought I paid for its high whites are incredible you can tell that's a blue a mile away. My tegus are so dark they look like regular blues not platinum blues. I just want to see if anybody here got one from the same place and to see if theirs is actually a nice high white blue tegu.(PLEASE DON'T START TRASHING ANYBODY JUST A SIMPLE QUESTION IVE HAVE PURCHASED LOTS OF REPTILES FROM THEM AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM...I JUST WANT TO MAKE CAUSE I PAID FOR THE HIGH WHITE TEGU AND MINE LOOKS REGULAR STILL NO HIGH WHITES ON THEM.) Don't know if the color kicks in late or what cause his blue is 30" and in full color amazing color. Thanks

KSTAR

5 Year Member
Yea @Deac77 is right @Penny&Dollar there's no way to be able to tell from a baby who will turn out a certain way...I know someone else who bought the platinum tegus from the same breeder you got yours from and they look just like yours aswell...but snow tegus and albino tegus and albino blue tegus will automatically have a great amount of white to them then regular blues like ours since they're an albino form...either way I know you love your tegus

Penny&Dollar

@ Deac77 thanx man @KSTAR Of course I love my blues don't get me wrong but I pay for high white tegus and I paid 500 a pcs if I knew they were gonna be regular blues I would have bought from ty and saved $400.00 he was only asking $300.00 a pcs. I just thought they would get their color late or something but I still love them the same, I just know now not to fall for their marketing scams its a shame they would do that and especially to someone like me that I buy 90% of my reptiles and cage supply from them.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
@Penny&Dollar I completely agree with you and also agree with that being wrong of them and it sucks...but I mean you never know they can shed one day and just be completely opposite the color they are now...I've seen it plenty of times!

Penny&Dollar

@KSTAR I'm hopping that as well if I wasn't attached to them I would have gave them to my brother and then try to find the real platinum,but me and penny have this bond like none of my other tegus she can be free roaming in my bedroom, as soon as she sees me she starts climbing her way to my shoulders. But I went on strike NO underground for me no matter what I need I will try other pet stores or better yet online ooh and I might try prehistoric pets. BUT NO MORE UD their on my poop list. lololol ooh love wapos colors he looks awesome(in a surfers voice)lolol

KSTAR

5 Year Member
@Penny&Dollar lol yes go on strike man! And thank you so much! Pics don't even show how white he really is...I try my best to catch the colors but no dice...

UggLeeDog

5 Year Member
Has anybody here bought a platinum tegu from underground? Just wanted to know if platinum and snow tegus were the same. I bought two from underground and they are about 36" and are still dark, I know this other dude that bought a snow tegu from Jonny tegu terra and his tegu is what I thought I paid for its high whites are incredible you can tell that's a blue a mile away. My tegus are so dark they look like regular blues not platinum blues. I just want to see if anybody here got one from the same place and to see if theirs is actually a nice high white blue tegu.(PLEASE DON'T START TRASHING ANYBODY JUST A SIMPLE QUESTION IVE HAVE PURCHASED LOTS OF REPTILES FROM THEM AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM...I JUST WANT TO MAKE CAUSE I PAID FOR THE HIGH WHITE TEGU AND MINE LOOKS REGULAR STILL NO HIGH WHITES ON THEM.) Don't know if the color kicks in late or what cause his blue is 30" and in full color amazing color. Thanks

Marketing Ploy!?!? I gave you pictures and videos of parents, eggs, hatching babies and babies prior to purchase, my platinum blues are exactly what I said and have been for years, you got what you paid for and then I replaced them for you after you didn't like the first pair after a few weeks, and now 6 months later you trash me all over the net??? shame on you!

Penny&Dollar

Marketing Ploy!?!? I gave you pictures and videos of parents, eggs, hatching babies and babies prior to purchase, my platinum blues are exactly what I said and have been for years, you got what you paid for and then I replaced them for you after you didn't like the first pair after a few weeks, and now 6 months later you trash me all over the net??? shame on you!

I ain't trashing you the truth is the truth.... first of lets be honest the first two you sold me had the shakes like crack head without their fix and you saw that for yourself. Yes you did exchange them I ask you repeatedly are these high whites are these the same you said YES from the same clutch. You never ever should me picture or videos of the parents so please don't lie( hand to god you never did) then I even asked you about price being so high, you said cause their platinum poss het for albino and how not a lot of people were producing blue's this year. And your right...I paid for exactly what I got ( scammed )for not doing my research but next year my experience should be a lot better when I buy my real high white tegu's from jonny and I'm gonna name him after you. So when people ask me why I can say this is something he couldn't produce. Like I've said before good luck with next years marketing scams oooooozzzzzzz

ferociouscorpion

5 Year Member
Only thing I can say is even if the parents are high whites there is no guarantee the babies will grow up to look like their parents. I could understand if you bought yearlings and was told they were high whites and what you got weren't. Because at that age you would be able to tell what they'll look like.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Please remember to stay within our community guidelines if you would like to be a part of TeguTalk...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.