• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

please help, this is an emergency (tegu escape)

Concept Dragons

I am sort of freaking out tight now, this is my 3rd day of having a baby (2 week old) black and white Tegu and he has escaped. My father is an idiot and had to try to interact with the tegu (although I told him not to) while I was at school and left the screen top of the temporary Iris bin enclosure off. Now my gu is gone and we have a rather large house + dogs. I put the dogs outside in the yard and i put out two dishes with eggs (since he seemed to prefer those over anything else) and I have looked all over the place but can not find him. the bad part is we have a split level house and the tegu enclosure is on the middle floor. I have ruled out the top floor since I do not think the tegu would go thru the effort of jumping every single stair. Any advice on finding him is greatly appreciated!

Nicolas

Concept Dragons

I have just set up a basking area, but I still have not found him, also have added an extra dish with eggs downstairs. Please, I could really use some help, also how much time do I have to find my tegu before things get really bad? he ate yesterday but hasn't eaten anything today. Like I said he is just barely t 2 weeks old (hatch date July 29th).

Aardbark

5 Year Member
I don't know a lot about tegus who are so young, but usualy a tegu can do fine not eating for up to 2 weeks even a month. What you have been doing is a good start, leave out food and make basking spots for him. Baby tegus are small and squirmy and can get into the tinyest of holes, so you really have to check every nook and cranny. An escaped tegu can hide behind something for a week before he even tries to move again, so don't panic to much. Another good idea I heard was to leave out flower on the floor, to leave little trails of where he might be moveing. Or also covering the floor with newspapers to catch the sound of movement. Placeing food near places where you might think he is hideing, and don't forget water dishes too. I wish you lots of luck in finding him.

Concept Dragons

thanks allot! I was up until 4am trying to find him :( still nothing I'll try and wait and hope he will move since I have looked through all nooks and crannys of the house (well i guess not literally since I haven't found him) but for me the biggest concern are our dogs, my mother isn't really cooperative and wants them to roam the house instead of putting them in a room upstairs (and letting them outside every once in a while) until the gu is found. I was able to stay out of school today but I can't do that for 2 weeks :( . I just really hope I find him douring the weekend. And thanks for the luck and tips. I really appreciate it!!

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Good luck hopefully he didn't slip into any cracks in a walls check all cabinets and holes andywhere that is dark

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Concept Dragons

I found him :) I have no Idea where he was but I saw these trails in the flour and I found him under a cabinet in the next room. :)
thanks again for the help! I'm off to school now. I can't even say how relieved I am!

Nicolas

Attachments

• IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    815.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    676.3 KB · Views: 216

Aardbark

5 Year Member
That's wonderfull. Im very glad you found him. I was a little worried that the dogs might get to him first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me