• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

please help?

Dirtydmc

We are moving in two weeks from the seattle area to phoenix arizona. Im so used to our climate here and am wondering besides his humidty as to what I should be concerned about. I will be building Dexter an outdoor enclosure so he can get real sunshine. But I am concerned about heat and will Dexter get sunburned?

bfb345

He should not unless you dont give him a hide or i would just build the cage somewhere with all day shade in part of the cage he should be fine though

Diablo

5 Year Member
Just offer him a shady spot with a nice place to burrow underground so he can cool off under the dirt. I don't know much about the climate there but tegus are smart so as long as you offer them a variety of temperatures they will pick what's right for them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
If you have a roof on the enclosure, you can put something like netting over part of the top to give partial shade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan