• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Please Help!!!

Kingjaffejo

5 Year Member
Today, I was handling my juvenile tegu, and he jumped out my hand and fell to the floor, now he isn't moving his back legs! Im pissed off, that this happened! Im going to find a local vet, and see whats up. Has this happened to anyone before, please help!

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Well I was sitting on my bed with my tegu and he jumped from my hands onto my bed but only fell about 6in but he was ok. That even scared the crap outta me

Kingjaffejo

5 Year Member
I was standing straight up, i was taking him to he bathroom, so he could swim. I was just handling him 5 minutes prior to this incident. For some reason, he just jumped out of my hands, im so pissed off right now!

wyattroa

5 Year Member
i have read about this same thing on this forum. give it a couple hours and see if he starts to move his back legs.. I know others on here have gone through the same thing as you. They gave it a little time and the gu started to move his back legs and was fine after a while.
robert

Kingjaffejo

5 Year Member
Good news! He has regained movement in his legs, still walks a lil funny but he's walking. Im gonna continue to keep a close eye on him!

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I'm sorry to hear about what happend.I also recommend keeping a eye on his stool in case he has some inner bleeding.Please keep us posted.What I do with my Tegus when they are hatchlings and I don't want them to jump out off my hands is I put on two shirts ( one so I don't get scratched up and the other one is for them to hide under ) and than put a belt around my waist.I make it as tight as I can.That way I can carry the Tegu around the house and he/she will not fall out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.