• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

potty training b/w tegu`s

troller

5 Year Member
hi there in new here and soon i will get a b/w tegu.I once trained an iguianna to go in his water only ,buy placing him in a tub of warm water every day until he pooped.after a month he would only go in his water,has anyone tried this with tegu`s.thank you

stainthedane

5 Year Member
I'm curious, and might as well post it here,

Has anyone tried to litter-train their Tegu with a litterbox??
I want to do this with Siggy sometime, she knows where she use to poop so I think it would be easy for her. Has anyone actually done it?
It would be so nice to just have them walk around your house and go in a litterbox when they have to, So easy to clean.

Mkulu

5 Year Member
Try getting him to poop in the tub for a while. Then put him in the tub but in a kitty litter box with water for a while. Then use the same kitty litter box and put litter instead. Then move the kitty litter box out of the tub. Thats how you basically train a cat to go on the toilet but in reverse. After hibernation thats what I am going to try with Wowz.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.