• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Price for an argentine

blasteryui

5 Year Member
I live in Canada and a breeder was going to drive a 5 month old argentine tegu to me for 200, is this a good price. Thanks, and please dont say oh buy one from bobby hill, bobby hills got the best tegus! If bobby hill would ship a tegu from the states to here, then I would!

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Only you can answer that question.. I won't buy something because someone tells me it's a good deal, I buy it because I want it :)

blasteryui

5 Year Member
No it's not like that. I WANT a argentine tegu, like REALLY want. I'm just wondering if that price is too high compared to others?

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
If you dont live in the states, then I wouldnt know whats a good price.

If you live in an area where tegus aren't available, then go for it.

Anthony

5 Year Member
well if the tegu is in good health and he can prove that to u it isnt a bad price.... bobbies are 150 but like u said he cant ship them to u.... if hes a reputable breeder and hes going to drive it to u i dont think thats too bad if thats your only way of getting one....

AWD247

5 Year Member
Basically like mentioned above, bobby sells for $150, so considering you cant get one shipped to you, The extra $50 for delivery sounds resonable.
I would make sure that you make the seller understand that the deal would be contingent on the animal passing your personal inspection,.
Checking for all fingers, toes, full tail, no burn marks, scarring, etc,. (the normal stuff) checking to make sure it doesnt have MBD, or in the begining stages of MBD, plenty of other stuff to check but my point is once youve made sure its in the condition you accept then it should be a done deal, its "a bit" more than we would have to pay here in the states, but it sure doesnt sound like it would be a "bad" deal for you being the situation your in trying to get one.

Goodluck im sure it will work out for you.. I think its an ok deal specially when $50 bucks is saving you the headache of an on going search with no other avenues to help you.

BOOZER

5 Year Member
AWD247 off topic a bit but how did you get the name Vegeta for your tegu?? jus wondering.

also $200 isnt unheard of especially if there are no true breeders in the area.. if it is healthy and 200, for many years of tegu companionship can be well worth it!
peace

theonas

5 Year Member
i don't think it's a bad price.....i paid 150 english pounds for my little guy.if they are bringng it to you aswell it can't be bad.probably works out about the same as i paid for mine.i tried in vain to find a breeder here,and just by chance happened to find one in a pet shop(even the guy said it was only the second one they had ever had in!!!!!) anyway good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlifKat