• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Problem after handling!!

techhousejunkie

5 Year Member
I was handling my still fairly new baby tegu(about 1and a 1/2 months old) and he/she is still a little difficult to handle, catch, hold, but after i gently picked him/her up i brought him/her to the bath tub and basically just was patient let him/her explore(which I was told that was the best way for them to get used to you). Since he/she is still skittish, he/she was jumping and trying to get out of the tub, which i take would be normal behavior for a baby tegu. But when I brought him back to his/her enclosure, he/she just plopped down were i put him/her and layed there closing and opening his/her eyes. I stayed with him/her for 15 minutes and then had to go to work (which I didnt get anything done since Im a nervous wreck). I came home and he/she is in the hide and moved all the mulch to the entrance.

Now do you think he/she behaved like that because of being exhausted or did I do something wrong?? Was the bathtub a good idea for this young of a tegu?? What should I do now or not do?? Please help!!!

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I think you're fine bro. I just think it probably stressed him out a little. I don't use the bathtub, I just use the bathroom. That we he doesn't have to feel enclosed or struggle to get anywhere. Don't worry bro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan