• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Progress with Wan the Tegu

Wan the Tegu

67408B96-A8A1-4E3C-ADFB-E03CE3C2B681.png
29F0588D-12BA-493B-9C5B-8771DDC17C10.png
first post here, just wanted to share my personal experience with my tegu. I bought a juvie bnw tegu last oct. upon having him he went straight into brumation for 5-6months. When he finally woke he quickly grew and tripled in size but was still very aggressive. Holding was a huge issue and always huffing and trying to tail whip.eventually he was moved in a 6x6x4 tank and thats where wan started to calm down a bit, but would still run from the sight of me. So i took it slow would talk to him everyday and try to tong feed but with no luck. Eventually he would eat in front me. I tried all the taming tips ive heard from other owners etc. but the one that seemed to work the best was patience. After a few weeks or at least bearing the sight of me and watching me put food into his enclosure. Up to a week ago he would still show signs of aggression but slowing started to accept my pressence and that i wasnt a threat. He would seek me out by going on his basking platform and staring out the window until i came by it. Once by the opening he would just poke his head out and taste the situation. Then finally today he fully came out and walked around and on my arms..it was only for a few seconds but going from never touching him then to this is huge for me. Im super stoked and cant wait until he trusts me fully and stays out longer. Here is a clip. So to all the new tegu owners just give your tegu there space and patience..eventually he will calm around. This was my first time dealing with an aggressive tegu

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice going. You’re learning to read your tegu and vice versa.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980