• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Quail upsetting stomach.

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Well I gave my tegu a quail last week and he had diarrhea, so I thought maybe it was just a one time thing also because the quail was a little bit to big for him. I had also given him one before that, that was smaller and wetted down with water to go down easier with no diarrhea afterwards that was the week before. Well anyway I gave him a smaller one that was not wetted down yesterday and he is acting a little off today not going to his favorite hot spot he is using the other hot spot that is 10 degrees cooler and he wouldnt put his whole body directly on the hot spot this morning for about an hour after he had woken up late. And then he would kind of walk a couple of feet towards the cool end and then rest like he was basking on the cooler mulch which he never does, He did that for a couple hours. Now he is basking his whole body on the cooler basking spot and he is digging and walking around like usual but he just seemed a little off this morning wich leads me to beleive that he has gotten another stomach ache and that it is from the quail.

snakehandler

5 Year Member
If its some intestinal infection you could try to give him flagyl.
If it lasts for a longer period and he wont feed its probably an infection caused by snails. You have to freeze wild caught snails for two months prior to feeding.

redtail2426

5 Year Member
I am getting them from rodentpro and I also do not feed him snails. I did some searching and also found out that quail give snakes and some other reptiles runny poop. So I think he just dont like his birds, or they dont like him.

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Well he ended up pooping today and it was a very nice solid poop so I dont know if he had a stomach ache or not or if maybe it was from something else I will have to keep an eye on it but I am debating on wether or not to give him any more quail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus