• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Question about Tegu housing

RexTheGuardian

Hi,
I had a question about housing a Golden Tegu. He's still a young one and so a larger enclosure isn't a must atm, but I want to start looking for options sooner rather than later. I saw a few videos of people housing Tegus in Vivosun grow tents laid on their side. They are fairly inexpensive and when laid on the side are perfect sizes for one. Is this a good option or should I just bite the bullet and invest into a more expensive terrarium for him?

TeguDad

I am curious abt this too. Do you have photos of your vivosun set up? My issue is with light set up bc they will be so high up.

Tiigu

I built my own. A prefab enclosure is thousands. My girl has insanely powerful claws so I’d be worried a grow tent would be shredded while I was at work and she’d get into trouble with the other pets. I bought discount lumber (the bent and scratched stuff for 70% off) so the whole setup was around $400 for a 6ft by 3ft by 3ft. Perfect for a single female.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980