• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Question about Tegus.

TJ'sHerps

As I said in my introduction, I am getting a Tegu from a guy this weekend that is thin and has been neglected.

I am wondering if I should gradually fatten him up with normal feeding or feed him more fatty food items than normal?

Also, the guy said that he is 4 years old and around 28 inches??? Will he grow anymore or is his growth permanently retarded?

Thanks in advance!
-Trevor

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i would allow him to eat all he can, maybe just feed him multi-times a day. also if he is only 28" @ 4 y/o thats as big as he will get. how the heck do you neglect a tegu that bad for that long, that is terrible! glad your getting him and will take care of him!

TJ'sHerps

reptastic said:
i would allow him to eat all he can, maybe just feed him multi-times a day. also if he is only 28" @ 4 y/o thats as big as he will get. how the heck do you neglect a tegu that bad for that long, that is terrible! glad your getting him and will take care of him!

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I am glad I am getting him too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff