• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Question about waking my new tegu up.

KTLExotics

So after a month and a bit of crappy weather my B&W Tegu should be arriving Wednesday (hopefully). And I just had a few questions.

The breeder I bought her from has told me that it is Burmating, and asked if I was going to continue or wake it up, Since I don't really have a good spot anywhere I can keep the temps low enough to burmate I will have to wake it up.

My question is how slow should I bring the temps up back to normal. But more importantly would I be able to put her directly into my quarantine room which is usually 75f during the day 72f during the night or should I put her in a cooler area of my house first before I move her in there? I don't wanna like shock it with the sudden cold-hot temperature change if this is possible.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Go ahead and put it in your normal temp room. Brumating/hibernating is more about lighting and their internal body clock than temps anyways. It may or may not continue to sleep. Just do everything normally, and of course give it time to adjust to the big change.

KTLExotics

Go ahead and put it in your normal temp room. Brumating/hibernating is more about lighting and their internal body clock than temps anyways. It may or may not continue to sleep. Just do everything normally, and of course give it time to adjust to the big change.

Awesome, thank-you very much. I just didn't want to shock it or anything, was a bit of a delay in shipping didn't get sent out until today but it is on the way and will be here tomorrow. Will definitely post pictures in the correct section once it settles in a little bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980