• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

question, kind of...

leoares27

5 Year Member
hey guys and gals,

Bones is pretty close to his one year mark and is pretty calm for the most part, however, when I take him out for "roam"time, he ALWAYS finds a hideout, I think I got everything blocked off...and he BOLTS like he's afraid...but when I eventually get him, he's fine once he's in hand.
I take him out just about everyday and he gets to free roam on most of those days. He is eating very well...
Should I be worried or does he just need more time to get more "tame"

Thanks

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Our 14 month old does the same thing. She's just scared. Once they get a little older they realize they're higher up the food chain than they thought.

leoares27

5 Year Member
thanks...he is currently under one of the snake holder upers...i'll probably have to lure him out with turkey lol...i could go and just move the thing and grab him, but I want him to come out on his own.

Nero

5 Year Member
Yeah mine still runs when I take him out. He's not as frantic as he use to be but still runs under my TV stand which is a pain to get him out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.