• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Quick question

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Okay for yesterday i got a big rubbermaid bin thats almost 4" long by 2' wide. I kind of want to put my tegu in there until i finish the bed/cage I'm making. I feel like the tank shes in is to small for her, shes around 16"s and the cage is only 12"s wide now i know that its mostly all tail but still lol. I know rubbmaids arent the best thing to keep them in but shes currently sleeping right beside me :lol: so i thought it would be okay. I'm just not sure how i wanna make the top, i think I will carve the top out and put some window screen there.

So my question is should i do it or should i wait and just finish the big cage/bed? Also I'm toying with the idea of buying another tegu but I'm not sure how i would introduce them? When i finish the 8'x4'x4' should i put them in there at the same time?

Spencer

Gx3

5 Year Member
I know people that keep lizard/snakes in rubbermaids with success, but I also personally know someone that had a python in a rubbermaid and one day it tried to squeeze out of the lid (it was your typical snap on rubbermaid lid) and it literally smashed its head trying to escape...needless to say the poor guy died. So just be extremely careful when putting it together and assume that your tegu is completely suicidal.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
I'm not to worried about that because he cant reach the top yet but I'll keep that in mind. What do you think of me getting the second tegu?

Spencer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980