• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

R.I.P. Magica

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I cam home from work an hour ago to find my year-old Kenyan sand boa, Magica, dead. She was having major liver problems and I had been giving her antibiotics for a week. I am very, very depressed right now. :'(

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That sucks man, my condolences.

Perhaps like Dio she was far too great a force to live amongst mere mortals, R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about this :( Don't be depressed. Celebrate in knowing that you did your best. You can't expect any more of yourself than that

m3s4

Ahh man, sorry to hear about your loss bro.

We all know how well your animals are cared for and I'm sure like the rest of your collection, she was beautiful example.

I know words can't take away the pain, but hopefully our condolences will ease the sting of your loss some.

God knows when to call his souls home - she's good now.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Thank you all for you kind words. I am feeling much better now. Magica was at most around a year old and I was looking forward to when she big and meaty. She was very, very sick. She hadn't eaten since the Academy Awards (Feb 26) and by the time I took her in to see the vet, her liver was in bad shape. The bloodwork showed signs of chronic inflammation. I have no idea what caused it, as it could've been any number of about a dozen things. There was nothing I could've done, and I tried. Magica's suffering is now over and for that I am thankful. She was a beautiful little snake with a sweet disposition and I'm grateful for the time we had together.