• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Random aggression

SavetheSpoons

So I've had my guy for 3 months now (he is 6-7 months old). He has a big box enclosure and whenever I'm home he is allowed to free roam in the living room. He usually will come out and hang out in a basking spot I've set up for him, and sometimes he'll make his way to the couch to see me. Usually he is sweet, but lately there have been times where he'll come up and act all bitey. I don't want to be bitten and I don't want him to think I'm scared of him so I'll usually just take the edge of whatever blanket I'm under and toss it over his head when he's acting mischievous (he LOVES being under blankets). Usually he'll bite onto it after a second and thrash around some. I'm wondering if this is hunger related, because he only really acts that way an hour or more after feeding (I feed him outside of his enclosure with tongs, using a clicker to signal dinnertime). Any ideas why he's seeking me out to lunge and bite at me? And what should I do to calm his behavior?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980