• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red Tegu Size

Gx3

5 Year Member
Ok so the only real size I can find is "3-4 ft+", but I was wondering is there a size difference between the red vs black and white argentine tegu? And what is the size difference between males vs females, all I've heard is that the females are GENERALLY a bit smaller. Well its a noob question but I haven't been able to find any conclusive answers so I thought I'd ask people that have actual experience with tegus. Thanks guys.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've read/been told that Reds consistently get to the larger end of their common range... which is 4' for males and slightly over 3' for females...

So basically a male B&W will get "up to" 4'... and a male Red will get 4'...

I'm sure other's will confirm/correct this though...

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Reds have more bulk then the black and whites, but both reach about the same size of about four feet long.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I forgot to mention. Our male Red is about 3 feet long but is missing about a foot of tail (happened before we got him). He's about 8.5 lbs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980